Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

SkyTrak Leveling

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: SkyTrak Leveling

Hello, New to Skytrak. I used it yesterday for the first time and was curious about a couple things surrounding leveling. I have the external level (round included in case package) mounted to the top of the unit. When placing on my Countertop it shows the level is perfect (forward/aft and Tilt. When I select the level in the application it shows -1 (forward/Aft) and -6 (Tilt) on the views which got me concerned. When adjusting to make the internal level 0/0, the unit was severely tilted toward the ball location side. It looked really strange
1. why are internal and external level so different?
2. should they be?
3. Does it affect flight data?
4. Is there a way to correct it so the external and internal level is equal. ( calibration or reset?)

I have pics of all of this using a square to illustrate the difference as well as screen shots of the app.

thanks for your help/guidance

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Leveling, contacted support

I called Tech Support and they said this is not good as the measurements are out of tolerance. The are sending a UPS label so I can send it to them for recalibration. Great service so far. Looking forward to gettting it back from them soon!!! Very Happy

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: UPS Label not sent to me

No email from SkyGolf as told on Friday, escalated to Chat session today and was told to call back on Monday to Tech support to get the RMA over the phone......Not what I expected.

Hopefully they get this right

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: RMA received

After a call to support, I was told they required me to pay$25 for shipping which I refused (given it is a Quality issue on the unit). After explaining the situation again, they gave me the RMA UPS label. I boxed the unit tonight and are sending tomorrow for "calibration". Looking forward to getting it back.

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Skytrak unit on its way back

Sent the unit today. On its way back for recalibration. UPS label said two days, so should be there on Wednesday.

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: SkyGolf received the unit

SkyGolf got the unit on Friday according to the UPS tracking. No word from them via email or any other method so far. Hope it gets turned around quickly and sent back early this week.

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Skytrak unit repaired and being shipped back

I got an email from Skygolf that the base unit repair is complete and the unit is shipping. They included UPS tracking info. Hopefully a two day ship to me. Will update the results after I get the unit. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Delivery scheduled

Looks like UPS delivery is scheduled for this Friday March 17th. I should be able to test It this weekend if UPS gets it to me. Very Happy

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Skytrak Arrived

I got the unit today and did a quick test on the side walk which showed the unit was pretty level. I will test at home on the same counter for 0/0 and will post results. So far this looks like it is fixed, but more to come.

I will be on the range on Sunday hitting balls, so that will be the definitive test. Thank you SkyGolf for getting the unit back to me. Looking forward to years of use.

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Level is good now

I checked the leveling on the internal app when placing the Skytrak unit on my counter top where I originally found the level issue and the reading is now 0/-1 which is dramatically better than before at -1/-6. I will get it to the range on Sunday to try it out. Really happy with what I am seeing so far though. Cant wait to try it on the range!

dkgolfnut

United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Fixed

I spent 2 hours out on the range today and the Skygolf unit was rock steady. I need to work on the alignment while on the range. I had shots showing straight blocks to the right that were actually straight to target. Noticed I had to alight just right of the target and shot flights matched the actual ball flight pretty well. I think this will close this out as an issue.

Thank you Skygolf/Skytrak for recalibrating the unit and turning me into a happy customer. Appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyTrak All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: