Thank you for contacting us. If you have recently updated your SGX and are getting an installation failed message on your device, please follow the below steps to troubleshoot your issue:
1. Unplug the SGX from the computer.
2. Power OFF the SGX. If the unit will not power off using the power off perform a Hard Reset by pressing and holding the power and joystick buttons simultaneously until the device powers off.
3. Power ON the SGX. If the SGX displays the Main Menu (showing Play Golf, Courses and Resume), plug the SGX back in to the computer and attempt a sync. If the SGX returns to the Installation Failed screen, continue with the Recovery Mode steps below.
4. While powered off, press and hold both the Info Button ("i " icon to the right of the joystick) and Hole Button (Flag icon at the bottom right) at the same time.
5. While pressing the Info and Hole Buttons, press the Power button until the display turns on.
6. Once the display is on, release the Power button. Do not release the Info and the Hole buttons. After several seconds, the SGX will display "Recovery Mode".
7. After "Recovery Mode" appears on the device, release the Info and Hole buttons. Plug the SGX into the computer and click "Sync" at www.skygolf.com.
8. Once the device syncs, you should be prompted that an application update is available. Click Update Now.
The above steps will reload the last update onto your device.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with the reload, please feel free to contact Customer Support at 866-SKY-GOLF (866-759-4653). Our hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. CST - 7:00 P.M. CST.