Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

Touch is frozen. Unable to sync, not useable on golf course

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Slicem
United States

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Touch is frozen. Unable to sync, not useable on golf course

Tried power off option to clear the Touch, but not successful. Tried to sync the unit, but caddie sync cannot find the unit, when unit is plugged into USB port and turned on. Any suggestions?
taxnwax
United States

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Touch is frozen. Unable to sync, not useable on golf...

Slicem wrote:
Tried power off option to clear the Touch, but not successful. Tried to sync the unit, but caddie sync cannot find the unit, when unit is plugged into USB port and turned on. Any suggestions?

I have the same exact problem.
Botsi46
United States

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Touch is frozen. Unable to sync, not useable on golf...

taxnwax wrote:
Slicem wrote:

I have the same exact problem.

I have the same problem I just registered it and bought the package and it wont snyc,keep giving me exception notice.
bobby58
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Touch frozen with Application Error

Mine froze today with an APPLICATION ERROR. I held in both the L&R side buttons for about 20-30secs then it finally shutdown. I rebooted and got a RESUME button. Pressed it and it brought back my game Smile Completed my round with no further errors Smile Frustrating though !!!
Johnjrval424
United States

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Excellent tip

I have had problems with this Sky Touch from day one. It rarely finds the unit on the first try. It constantly updates and never seems to sync properly. Today, it completely locks up with an app.exe error and despite saying it is going to shut down, it doesn't. I took the advice of the poster above and held both keys in at the same time. It finally shut off and then came back online.

This is extremely frustrating. For as much money as you pay for these things, you would think they would work like a charm. Not so much - makes me want to check out the apps for my phone instead.
JayMiller
United States

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

My Touch is dead. I shut it down after Sunday's round. When I plugged it in to charge it on Monday, there was no blinking charge light. I tried to get SkyGolf to recognize the Touch, but it is just dead, period.

Diejo

Indonesia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Skycaddie touch dead

I had that a serveral time and for was the only way to open the Skycaddie and removed the battery, and placed the battery again. Suddenly th skycaddie worked again.
skeeterks
United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Horrible Product

I brought an open box product. It is a piece of junk
will not by another from skycaddie. Can't never speak to anyone. My number is 864-617-3280. Someone please call to help me. Thanks. Been a member for a long time. Hate to switch products.

Thanks
Ken Sammons
johnmiramontes
United States

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Sky Caddie touch lock up on golf course.

I haven't used my sky caddie touch in awhile. I was playing a course on Saturday. I got my unit out of my car sync it up downloaded new software version then downloaded my course I was going to play with no problems what so ever. I charged it up went to course the sky caddie touched found the course I was playing got to the first tee, that's where it locked up on me. Nothing worked pressed the power button to turn it off nothing no response from the display screen either very FRUSTRATED! continued to play with no yardage readings no input on fairways hit no scoring not a darn thing. So I put it away for couple of holes no luck till I came up to the 16th hole that's when it decided to work for me. It worked well I in putted my scores and my putts after the round then turn it off. The next day I sync it up to my computer and it work. Wondering if it will do the same thing when I play again? I bought this thing to keep track of my game so far I not happy with it. If it happens again I'm going to get me a new phone then purchase an app that works the same way Sky Caddie Touch works however with better luck on inputting my scores, putts and fairways hit!

Thanks
John M.

Sad Sad Sad
Rodney58
Canada

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

problem with phone apps is they are usually hard to read with sunglasses in bright sun. I live in Australia and haven't found a phone app yet that will do what skycaddy does. I have had Skycaddy touch freeze on the course twice in three years. Each time I've held the off button until it turns off (2 minutes or so) then turned it back on with full recovery of my game using the resume feature.
BeaverForeBadgers
United States

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Same problem

It's getting warm enough to golf here in Wisconsin, so I checked my SCT and re-upped my membership and that that I should sync it in case there were any useful updates. I charged it and before I synced it I turned it on and it was working fine. So I plugged it in to sync and the screen froze with Sync on the top part of the screen, and there were arrows turning in the middle of the screen and then they stopped and EXITING appeared on the screen. Same as everyone else, I can't turn it off, I can't do anything. So I left it plugged into the computer with a message on the screen asking me if I had CaddieSyncExpress. Ironically my warranty ran out on April 6th. It's a great unit WHEN IT WORKS!!!!
The other thing that pisses me off is that when I tried to Sync my unit, it kept asking, Do You Hane Caddie Sync Express? And none of the 3 choices was YES. I think that they better take a look at the whole system, because something is definitely screwed up with their entire on-line system. Why do I have to Sync to get updates? If there are updates I should get an email, not have to keep checking.
Get it together Sky Golf!
cneusitzer
Canada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: C'mon SkyGolf correct a bug in your SkyCaddie Touch Software

My SCT started freezing and once it timed out and shut off, it worked fine. Re-syncing did not do anything to correct the issue.

Today, part way through my round - it displayed a double green view and was locked into a landscape orientation. I let it die again and after re-syncing it I noticed that it did not display any yardages just --- in the upper right corner with no total yardage for the hole.

The GPS picks up satellites no problem. The issue I believe is a SW bug. The online chat agent told me that I had to buy a new one.

Since that would be my 4th replacement (2 SGX's and already 1 Touch) buying another one definitely won't be happening. It seems like every 18 months issues develop. Sad since our season is only 6 months long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie Touch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: