Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

Time To Move On From SkyGolf

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Steved259
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Time To Move On From SkyGolf

Think it's time for me to move on from SkyGolf to seek pastures new.

I have been a customer for many years and have purchased several items including a Touch, SkyPro and most recently a GT2 Gametracker. I have always had the Double Eagle package too even on my previous GPS units. My subscription is due in August which I will not be renewing. As it is a big birthday this year I was considering purchasing the SkyTrak.

I am having trouble with the GT2 crashing the Mobile app on my phone. I have only managed to get three rounds of data and it now doesn't work. £200 paid for a heap of rubbish.

I originally contacted chat who referred the matter to the "Development Team" (who are probably one poor person in a darkened cupboard) who were supposed to email me. That's over a week now and nothing. No contact. I tried a few things to see if I could work out the problem and it appears to be the GT2 that is crashing the app. I contacted chat about it. They said to wait for the email so did nothing about it. Total waste of time.

I'll be heading off to where I bought the GT2 and demanding a refund although SkyGolf do not like that I couldn't give a monkey's.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

CustomerCareAdmin

United States
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Steved259,

We hate to hear that you are having such a difficult time with the GT2. Reading your comments about the GT2 crashing the mobile app leads me to believe that the GT2 may have corrupt data logged onto it. Clearing the data on the GT2 may fix the issue. To clear the corrupt info from the GT2:

1. Turn on the GT2
2. Open the SkyCaddie Mobile app
3. Select “Menu > Bluetooth Devices”
4. Tap on your GT2 to pair
5. After the pairing process is complete, select “Clear Data”

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact s by phone at 866-SKY-GOLF (866-759-4653). Our business hours as Monday - Friday | 8:00 A.M. CST - 5:00 P.M. CST.
Steved259
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Yes I got an email from someone late last night about this giving me the same instructions.

I tried it out on a round today and it worked after clearing the corrupt data.

Whilst I am glad that the system is working, it took me alot of moaning and well over a week to get to this point. I had three wasted rounds (competitions) during this time.

This information could have been given to me the first time I contacted Chat instead of waiting over a week for an email. I contacted three different times and not one representative got me to try these simple steps.
clucas21651
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Hi Steve
I'm having a couple of issues myself and am waiting for the development team too!!
I've found that I'm loosing concentration during a comp because I've either got to reconnect my GT2 to my phone or have to delete the phantom shots I'm getting some 300 - 400 yards away from where I'm actually standing!
I've cleared data, reinstalled the app and done online chat but still no answers!

Pretty poor service up to now...

jriley68

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

How did the "greats" ever get great without a SkyGolf Product???? Shocked
I just contacted tech support and said they couldn't help after walking me through everything I already tried before contacting them. BUT.... I would hear from someone on the team in 1-2 business days with a solution. After reading some of the posts I'm not holding my breath.

Very disappointed thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: