Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

Poorbattery life

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

davjamanderson409
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Poorbattery life

Just purchased Touch to replace SGX and battery life poor, takes hours to fully recharge post round and not lasting 2 rounds unlike the SGX.
Already set backlight to 25% anything else?
Suggestions?
Ron.White
United States

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Same poor battery life

I have an SG-4 that will keep power for 2 rounds. I've yet to play one full round with the Touch. This past round it died before the 15th hole. I'm VERY disappointed.
woynam
United States

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Poorbattery life

davjamanderson409 wrote:
Just purchased Touch to replace SGX and battery life poor, takes hours to fully recharge post round and not lasting 2 rounds unlike the SGX.
Suggestions?

Do you have AutoView enabled? Next to backlighting, it's the 2nd biggest draw on the battery.
davjamanderson409
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Poorbattery life

woynam wrote:
davjamanderson409 wrote:
Suggestions?

Do you have AutoView enabled? Next to backlighting, it's the 2nd biggest draw on the battery.

Many thanks will disable this function and see if things improve
Ron.White
United States

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Poorbattery life

davjamanderson409 wrote:
woynam wrote:
davjamanderson409 wrote:
Suggestions?

What's the impact of disabling AUTOVIEW?
woynam
United States

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Poorbattery life

Ron.White wrote:
davjamanderson409 wrote:
woynam wrote:
davjamanderson409 wrote:
Suggestions?

What's the impact of disabling AUTOVIEW?

With my old SGX, I found that enabling AutoView had an impact on the battery life. 'Not sure why exactly, but I assume it was the accelerometer working to determine the orientation.

With the Touch, I never enabled it. While it's a somewhat useful feature, the Touch has buttons on the screen to go directly to the scorecard, and toggle between HoleView and IntelliGreen. Also, I mount my Touch on my ClicGear, so I can't rotate it without removing it from its mount.

I generally have no issues getting 2 rounds a day out of the device with the backlight at 25% and AutoView disabled. At the end of the 2nd round it's almost out of juice, but it seems to last. Temperature can also be a factor. If you play on cold days the battery will drain quicker.

I do like the form factor of the Touch, but I really wish they had made it slightly bigger to accommodate a larger battery. I guess one can always lug along a small external battery pack, e.g. Anker, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a small, handheld GPS if you have to attach a brick to it.
fogger

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the 25% backlighting and auto view off tips. I will try them otherwise, lucky to get one round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie Touch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: