Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

Cannot connect to satellite for GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Bronco2
United States

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Cannot connect to satellite for GPS

I have the Sky Caddie SGXw. It has worked fine since 2014. However, the last two times I've played, the unit will not connect to GPS. I have a clear view of the sky, attempt to search for nearby courses (which is the one I'm located at) and nothing comes up as in the past. I normally see the course that I'm currently playing. Has my unit died? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Glenn Waller

CustomerCareAdmin

United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Bronco2, I believe that a GPS reset may resolve your issue. To perform a gps reset on your device he antenna must have an unobstructed view of the sky.

1) Turn on the SkyCaddie.
2) From the Main Menu Screen scroll down and select Settings.
3) On the Settings Screen, Select GPS.
4) It will then prompt you, Reset GPS? Select Yes.
5) Your SkyCaddie will acquires satellites. The SkyCaddie must remain stationary. This may take up to 15-20 minutes.

After 15-20 minutes, power the SkyCaddie Off and On before continuing use. If the GPS Reset was successful, the device will acquire satellite signals as normal.
m44mike
United States

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the instructions in the reply with no success. After 30 minutes with a clear view of the sky, the reset screen shows it hasn't found a single satellite. Turned off and on again and retried again with no success.
Bronco2
United States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: cannot Connect to Satellite for GPS

Thank you for your response. I will attempt the correction and post the results.
Glenn Waller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie SGXw All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: