Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

SkyCaddie Watch Battery Life

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Gusbogey
Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: SkyCaddie Watch Battery Life

I originally won a new SkyCaddie watch a few years ago. After the first year it would not last a round without the battery dying. I contacted Skygolf but there was no help there. I contacted the distributor and they replaced it. Really great service but not from Skygolf. 2 years later and the battery will only last 11 or 12 holes. I only play about 40 rounds a year. I expect batteries to be able to take a few hundred recharges. I contacted SkyGolf and got the same answer. You're out of luck. Their only suggestion was to buy another of their new products. Contacted the distributor again but no luck this time. They did offer me $50 a few products.

What's the point in getting money off another piece of crap. Never again SkyGolf. Moving on to Garmin.
Mikeybgood1
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: SW2

Read your post. I'm having battery issues as well, but not in regards to battery life, but in regards to how loooonnnngggg it takes to charge the device!
As I write this post, I've had the device plugged into my USB port for 4.5 hours, and it's only manged to charge 70%.
I always have to charge it the day before I play, just to make sure it's good to go for when I want to play. Watch does provide accurate yardages, BUT it has been known to fail to auto advance to the next hole, and so I have to make sure I check the watch on every tee box, just to make sure it's showing the right hole.
EddieNY1946
United States

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Battery Life

I too am disappointed in the battery life of my watch. If I don't charge it the night before a round, it will go dead before the round is complete.[/quote][/b]
Kent13
United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: My Battery Quits too

The battery on my Sky Watch worked fine for a couple of years. This year if I have it off the charger for a couple of days just wearing it as a watch, it quickly goes down to 70% charged. Even if fully charged, it no longer makes it for a full round without running out of charge. I get about 15 holes, and then it is gone. Is there anything to do to replace the battery or to do something so that it last longer?

neuromancer44

Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

My watch no longer lasts a complete round of golf - usually shutting down by hole 15-16. It's only 4 years old.

As a watch the charge last s all day and a bit longer but I can get any old watch to do that. I wanted a useful piece of GPS and hate carrying a bid unit of having something I have to fish out of my pocket to look at. The wrist idea was perfect.

Is there NO WAY of replacing the battery? This is really stupid. Also have a "warranty" that is significantly shorter than KL?NOW?N battery life issues is just plain old sleazy.

Now I am stuck with another year of membership in a program since I signed up for a new year before this problem started to appear.

I expected a lot more from this product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie Watch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: