Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

Updated 7/17 - SkyCaddie Linx GT

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

muel0222
United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Updated 7/17 - SkyCaddie Linx GT

So I've been very patient with my linx GT, and I have to say that from a GPS golf watch, the thing is exceptional. But from a stat tracking system, it is less than suboptimal. I can't begin to describe the numerous issues I've encountered over the course of my summer. I've given the watch and app every chance I can but after today I'm fed up. First, I've never been able to track my approach shots, no matter how I input my shots...with autoshot tracking, manual input, or a combination of the two, approach shots never show up in the Sky golf 360 app or online. It always shows no data. Second, the pairing between the app and the watch needs a lot of work. As I play, I like to track my shots on the app with my watch as well. I always make sure my shots are correct after I swing and update any issues that might have happened between my swing and when it registers on the app (which is frequent). But no matter how many times I diligently track my shots, the watch will always over ride the app. If I've corrected something mid round, there is always a time when the watch overrides the app. Then I have to go back and change it all again. This happens several times during a 9 hole round. But that is not the most egregious thing I've had to deal with...and this is likely the last straw for me. Today, I played 18 holes, and tracked it via autoshot and with the app. I was very diligent to make sure all my shots were right, I tracked everything, input every shot, updated every putt, made sure all the clubs were correct. I even broke the 18 holes up into two 9 hole rounds to make sure they were saved. After each round I hit save, the app said I could review the round in the skygolf 360 app or online (leading me to believe that the rounds were saved). Then 2 hours later I wanted to go back and check my stats...and low and behold both rounds were no where to be found!!! I can't believe this. If the damn app says it saved the rounds, shouldn't they be saved? I did everything I was supposed to do to have the rounds be saved, the same thing I've done every round previous (I have over 15 rounds saved so far this summer) but no, they are gone. I don't want to have to go back into the system to retrack all the shots...I did that during the round. I have to say Skycaddie, so far I am very disappointed in the money I've spent on this product. There is a lot of potential in the system, but so far I am very disappointed. Unless things change I will not be renewing my membership next year.
muel0222
United States

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Not so much a joke

I had thought about deleting my post, it had been a long 36 hole day and a lot of cocktails, which lead my to my rantings but I want to leave it out there in case those reading these forums have some of the same issues I did.

I was contacted directly by SkyGolf surrounding my comemnts, which is fantastic in and of itself. Just knowing that they truly care about our feedback is enough to keep me around.

It turns out there was a bug that switched the dates of my posted rounds, there were in there, I just didn't know to look at a different day. The folks at SkyGolf corrected this and let me know about it.

Most of the other issues I had were a combination of user error, product nuances, and what I deem to be bugs in the system. I've provided my feedback on all of them and have no doubt that my opinions will at least be heard prior to a future software update.

If this is the support that SkyGolf continues to have going forward, I will absolutely be a long time customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie LINXTM All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: