Home | Full Site
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Posting Guidelines  |  Forum FAQ  |  My Messages

On/Off button will not work - Help !

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Ritchie53
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: On/Off button will not work - Help !

Previously recently posted as Satisfied Customer I now have a problem !

Got caught in a downpour three days ago and the SGX got wet. It has had rain on before with no effects but this time the rain was torrential for about 20 minutes and I did not ensure that the device was kept out of it.

The device continued to work normally for the remainder of the round (about 20 minutes), turned off as normal and charged up as normal on the USB lead at home.

BUT - now the On / Off button will not work. I can't turn it on but can boot it up by plugging the USB lead into my car 12V outlt and exiting the charge mode, and continue as normal - but now can't turn it off.

I had to keep it on until the battery ran out, and re-charge at which point the unit turned off as normal.

Can the On/Off button and/or circuit board be repaired or replaced ?

And, if so, where do I send it (I am a UK user) and how much will it cost ?

SPleas

United States
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Our records indicate that you submitted a request to us that may not have been resolved.

For further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support online using our Live Chat option. You may also reach us by phone at 866-SKY-GOLF (866-759-4653). Our business hours as Monday - Friday | 8:00 A.M. CST - 5:00 P.M. CST.

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our United Kingdom representative at +44 (0) 1844 296 350 then press option 1 (9am - 5pm GMT)
Ritchie53
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: On / Off button will not work

Thanks for your reply - see brief highlight below

"Our records indicate that you submitted a request to us that may not have been resolved. etc etc etc "

However, I have since had a web chat and it looks like my Skycaddie SGX cannot be repaired. Shame - it has been a good device.

However, for those out there who have had a similar problem, the good news is that it still does work : I have a Motocaddy electric trolley with a built in USB socket - I can plug the device into this with a special short USB lead which turns the device on for normal use !

At the end of play I will have to disconnect, plug back in again until I get the Charge option and the unit will turn off when charged. Happy days.

So Motocaddy, when the device is turned on and working is there an option to switch it direct the Charge mode at the end of play without having to unplug and plug back in ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SkyGolf 360 Forum Index -> SkyCaddie SGX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: